[Koha] Jacket images for DVDs

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Wed Feb 9 22:53:18 NZDT 2011

2011/2/7 Joann Ransom <jransom at library.org.nz>:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone found a way to import DVD cover art in the same way that we bring
> in book jackets. What is a good source?

Good question, Joann!

Amazon probably has a lot of DVD cover art, I think the main problem
is how to find it. For books there are ISBNs, but I don't think there
are similar IDs for DVDs that would work the same way, or that are
regularly entered into bibliographic records?

An alternative to using an ID is searching by title, but that will
soon become messy, with different DVDs having the same title, new
versions of old titles etc.

Just my NOK 0.02.

Regards,
Magnus Enger