[Koha] My Koha is up and going -- Looking for reading levels

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Wed Feb 9 22:41:54 NZDT 2011

On 9 February 2011 01:55, Darla Grediagin <dgrediagin at bssd.org> wrote:
> Wow,
>
> I am feeling great that I have Koha 3.0 going.

Congratulations and welcome! ;-)

> The new question I have is does anyone search
> their library catalogs by reading level.  In 2.8, I could search by Lexile 360 and get all the
> books that had Lexile and 360 in the record.  It wasn't perfect, but it was an additional way to
> search that my teacher's liked.
>
> Any ideas of how to set it up in 3.0?

A patch for searching on lexiles was submitted by Amit Gupta in January 2010:
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-patches/2010-January/010872.html
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-patches/2010-January/010874.html

Alas, as far as I can tell (based on doing "grep -r lexile *" in the
top directory of a freshly updated clone of the Git repo) this code
never actually made it into Koha.

Regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no