[Koha] 3.6.1 updatedatabase.pl [was: Checkout fails]

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sat Dec 17 06:51:16 NZDT 2011

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> wrote:

> At 09:46 AM 12/16/2011 -0500, Owen Leonard wrote:
>
>> > Duplicate entry 'maxItemsInSearchResults' for key 'PRIMARY'
>>
>> "Duplicate entry" means that the update is trying to make a change
>> that has already been made. That's why it's safe to ignore.
>>

> Thanks, and yes -- but what I was trying to research was *why* the Perl
> script was trying to do it twice (I am sure that whoever wrote it had a
> good reason for that particular line appearing at that particular place.)
>  Also, I understand the functionality of 'maxItemsInSearchResults', but not
> that of 'privacy' ...
>
> I'll be taking a closer look at these sort of details, but at the moment
> am more concerned with system security, reliability and speed (Paul P. has
> made some interesting suggestions on the developers' list) as I want to get
> the new server into production on 1 Jan and this includes the customization
> (automated barcodes and call numbers via our own Perl modules, frameworks
> and screen presentations.)

This "bug" in the updatedatabase.pl script poses neither security nor
reliability problem. It may affect speed, but probably very little and
updatedatabase.pl is only called if the version in kohaversion.pl and the
one in the current systemspreference table do not match.

I see no reason why the errors you posted in this thread should/would
affect the ability to put a server into production.

HTH

Kind Regards,
Chris