[Koha] Checkout fails

Perch jp at pk.dy.fi
Thu Dec 15 08:22:29 NZDT 2011

Upon trying to check items out to a patron this message appears:

--
Software error:

Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 3008.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster at vps185), giving this
error message and the time and date of the error.
--

The item gets checked out (i.e. it appears in the list of items checked out
to the client when you go return to the checkout page). The same happens

Similar error message appears when trying to add a new issue to an existing
updating the database to new Koha version
(http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Database-update-errors-td5068234.html).

Any help here? We really really need to get this working.