[Koha] Improving permissions on lists (virtual shelves)

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Dec 6 02:52:26 NZDT 2011

> 1  Do not allow to create a public list in the OPAC. (Only private lists.)  Public lists are only created by staff
> users in the staff client.

If it were just me I would agree with this. However I think Nicole's
suggestion for options here is a more robust solution.

> 2  Add three permission options to any list: a) Allow adding entries b) Allow deleting your own entries (that
> you added)  and c) Allow deleting entries that someone else added.

I think this is a good idea. I think it presents a challenge when it
comes to explaining the options to the patron.

> 3  Add a new (opac) feature to private lists: Share a list (with another patron).

This is a nice idea, but I would prioritize it lower than the other features.

> 4  With respect to user privacy, a feature may be added in staff client to moderate shared list names.

Do we propose to moderate the names of lists which users want to make
public, or lists which users want to share with others (option 3)?

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries