[Koha] Koha Training in Samoa

jowitt_al jowitt_al at samoa.usp.ac.fj
Sat Dec 3 16:13:54 NZDT 2011

Talofa Koha Community

Hopefully in 2012 the USP Library in Alafua, Samoa will start using the Koha Library software.  At the moment we are working on the migration and testing process.

I need to put in a proposal for funding to train local library and IT staff in Koha operation and support.

1.       Does anyone have a week long training programme they would be willing to share showing topics/modules covered and time taken to cover each?  This would need to cover library staff end user training and IT technical training.

2.       If you offer technical and library staff training in the Koha system I would be happy to hear what you can offer and most importantly how much it costs!

Samoa is a beautiful but developing country.  We have many coconut palm trees here and lovely beaches however money trees are not common!  In order to get funding, costs will have to be very reasonable.  We expect to pay flights and per diem for the days someone will be in Samoa however during the training I would like to cover technical support and any problem solving we require, some development to ensure functionality we need and library staff training in the essential modules they will be using.  I hope this is not a tall order?!

I look forward to hearing from you asap as my proposal for funding is due in on 6th December 2011.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Angela

             (()()))
            (|     |)