[Koha] Multiple staff logins necessary for circulation?

Liz Rea lrea at nekls.org
Wed Aug 31 07:20:08 NZST 2011

NEKLS does exactly this - we have 3 accounts for each of our 36 libraries, a circ (can do anything with borrowers, and circulate books), a tech (can do cataloging, reports and edit items as well as circ), and a director account (as close to a superuser as we'll allow, so everything but modifying systemwide preferences).

This has worked well for us, and I believe it is easier to maintain than an account for every staff member. If you want to track which *computers* do what, you could consider a login for each station, if accountability is what you are concerned about.

Liz Rea
lrea at nekls.org