[Koha] Staff and OPAC display always shows Type Book

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Aug 29 17:53:05 NZST 2011

On 29 Aug 2011 17:42, "Moyra McAllister" <moyrab at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I recently upgraded to 3.4.4.  No matter what I search for the results in
both Staff client and OPAC Normal dispaly always show

> Type: Book
>
> Is there anything I can do to fix this?  It didn't happen in 3.2

Are you using xslt ? If so, there is a systempreference that will switch
those off. (Id find it but im currently on the bus, try a search in system
preferences for icon)

In 3.4.x the format is drawn from the MARC a combination of the leader, 007
and 008 (I think) as per the standard. I think you need a degree in arcane
confusery and to sacrifice a goat and consult the chicken entrails to
actually understand the documentation on the Library of Congress site. But
if you have records with the correct leaders and other control fields it
will display the correct icon.

I find that disabling the icon works better :)

Hope this helps
Chris