[Koha] Upgrade from Koha 3.00.01 to 3.4 on Debian

Mahesh T Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 03:09:12 NZST 2011

David Whelchel <whelchel at dlwa.com> writes:

 > Is here a direct upgrade path from Koha 3.00.01 to 3.4 on Debian? I know that
 > the link http://koha-community.org/documentation/faq/installingupgrading/ does
 > not contain any information. Also the INSTALL.debian file suggests running ./
 > koha_perl_deps.pl that does not appear to exist in the 3.00.01 environment.

I have upgraded from 3.00.xx ( do not remember which) to 3.4.

The process was a bit contorted though, since it involved change of
hardware.

1. Installed Debian on the new system,

2. installed Koha 3.4, (as if it was a new install),

3. "Restored" the sqldump from the old installation.

4. Started Koha. Koha script did the required things at first login.

The perlscript you ask about is a new feature - which will tell you if
all required perl modules required for koha are installed.

HTH.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
Free Software - it is free as in FREEDOM