[Koha] News from the New Newsletter Editor

daniel g danielg.koha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 07:49:31 NZST 2011

Hello,

As you may know, Nicole Engard has resigned the position of Koha
newsletter editor after a year and a half of splendid work. I’m
pleased the community has selected me to succeed her, and I look
forward to serving the community by producing the monthly account of
what’s new in the world of Koha.

But I need your help to do it! Please send me news of anything you
think the community might like to know about. It can be as short as a
sentence or as long as a paper.

I'm planning to add a gossip column (you call it a society column if
you prefer), which will be short blurbs about what folks in the
community are doing, like "Paul Poulain of BibLibre is assisting 3.6
Quality Assurance Manager Ian Walls in reducing the backlog of patches
waiting for QA testing" and "Melia Meggs joined ByWater Solutions as
their Operations Manager." I'll be harvesting material for this column
from the lists and blogs, but I encourage you to send me a sentence or
two about what you're currently working on.

I’ll also be adding a section on new Koha implementations in the past
month, so if you know of any go-lives that don’t get posted to the
list, please be sure to alert me.

I've already gathered a fair amount of material for the August
newsletter, including the August General IRC meeting, Global Bug
Squashing Day, the status of the releases, and the latest on KohaCon11
and KohaCon12. Please send directly to me (not to the list) anything
else you think might be newsworthy by next Thursday, August 25.

Thanks,
Daniel Grobani