[Koha] Kohacon11 : Last date of paper submission extended till August 30 2011

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Wed Aug 17 16:11:00 NZST 2011

2011/8/17 Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz>

> Joann Ransom schreef op wo 17-08-2011 om 08:58 [+1200]:
> > I have booked a week of annualleave immediately prior to KohaCon11 to
> > get it done but even then was hoping to produce just written notes and
> > a powerpoint.
>
> I have to agree with this. For an academic thing, I'd have research done
> and papers written long before. However, for a less formal conference,
> like Kohacon, it tends to only really take form in the month previous,
> and I'm usually chopping and changing content right up to the day
> before. And certainly not writing a full paper for it.
>
> Or, perhaps more realistically, writing slides on the plane over, where
> I can see the deadline approaching at 900kph ;)
>
> It's not a bad idea to collect slides and other resources when you can,
> and putting them up online somewhere though.
>
> --
> Robin Sheat
> Catalyst IT Ltd.
> ✆ +64 4 803 2204
> GPG: 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D

Hi All,
So the consensus seems to be no written papers / presentations beforehand.
Ok will discuss with VPM but I dont see a problem with that. We can always
scramble and put together a collection on CD to be distributed on the last
day.

This means we have to drop the *"Advertisements in the conference
proceedings publication"* type of sponsorship. The largest sponsor we have
Bharat Grahak had opted for back page of the same and I would hate to lose
that sponsorship.  I hope the other sponsors who had opted for
advertisements will be ok with some of the other "at the venue" options
presented here http://www.vpmthane.org/payments/kohacon11/insert_cc.asp ?

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes Naka,
Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2