[Koha] Ghost records

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:34:51 NZST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Bernard Desnoues
<bernard.desnoues at bulac.fr> wrote:
> Hello Lenora,
>
> We had the same problem.
> You could verify your .../biblio/record.abs file and be sure that you index only
> one field, containing the biblionumber in the "local-number" index (the
> biblionumber is stored in 001 in our configuration).
> Our problem was :
> melm 001        local-number,local-number:n
> melm 035$a      local-number,local-number:n
> We had two fields indexed in "local-number" and we had "ghost entries".
> We have corrected in :
> melm 001        local-number,local-number:n
> melm 035$a      identifier-other,identifier-other:n
> Reindex and it was the end of the fabulous story of ghost entries.

Perhaps its just out of my knowledge's scope, by I don't see the
problem of having two different fields indexed under the same name, I
mean, I'd think both would match the same record and thus not be shown
twice. I'd rather think of a weird coincidence. I'm sorry if my
confusion just makes the situation more obscure.

To+