[Koha] Zebra errors

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Thu Apr 28 08:31:08 NZST 2011

Tom,

Are you starting your zebrasrv per the INSTALL.<distro> file, with the correct options?

For instance the INSTALL.debian one is something like:

sudo -u <kohausername> -f <path_to_koha-conf.xml>

You also want to have all of the zebra related directories owned by your koha user, and make sure you export the PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF variables too.

I had a hard time getting zebra working, and it was all related to file permissions.  I don't have specifics for you there, I just remember I had to go back and make sure all the zebra related stuff had the koha user as owner.

Best,

Doug