[Koha] Ghost records

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:46:57 NZST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Lenora Oftedahl <OFTL at critfc.org> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Koha v. 3.00.00.107
> Zebra 2.0.34
>
> We're having a problem with ghost records in the index. The Zebra index is rebuilt every night, but still when searching, I'll pull up two records: one that has been deleted and one that is real.  The public receives a 404 error.  I receive
>
> Can't call method "fields" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/catalogue/MARCdetail.pl line 123.
>
> Has anyone solved this problem?  Will upgrading solve the problem or just compound?

Perhaps you're missing the '-r' switch for rebuild_zebra.pl to zero
the indexed records before reindexing. That could lead to duplicated
records, and some deleted records to still appear in search results
and hence the (fixed in master :-D) 404 error for asking for
inexistent record retreival when you click on them.

Regards
To+