[Koha] Koha move to 3.4

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 20 01:23:31 NZST 2011

Hi,

On Apr 19, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Linda Culberson wrote:
> How is  the recommended way to move to the upcoming 3.4?  We were
> thinking of having two instances. One with our current 3.02.02.003 and
> one with 3.4.  Is that a good way to do it or should we upgrade to 3.2.7
> and go from there?

Having two instances (production and test) is always a good idea.  I don't think it is necessary per se to upgrade your test database to 3.2.7 first, you should be able to just upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.4.

> Can we move our data or is it better to do a fresh load?  How different
> is the database in 3.4?

It will not be necessary to reload your data.  You can just set up your test instance with a full copy of your exiting production database, upgrade the test instance to 3.4, then test.  Once you're happy with the results and have resolved any glitches, you can then run the upgrade process in your production database.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton