[Koha] Subfields 952 $i, $k

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Apr 19 02:04:00 NZST 2011

[Apologies for cross-posting, users and devel]

Marc 952 $i, $k are not used in "standard" Koha. They can be added to the
default framework (allowed by Koha), but this appears to require a
modification to the Mysql structure. Has anyone tried to do this?

Background:  for Serials, we want to add at *item* level "Extended
Keywords" (952$z is limited to 255 characters) and "Abstracts" (at *biblio*
level, we use 520 $a and $b.)

This will require new "Koha Fields" - e.g, in the same way that 952$z uses
"items.itemnotes" we will need to introduce "items.itemkeywords" and
"items.itemabstracts".

I am looking for suggestions as to how to best add these fields so that
they can be usefully searched by the OPAC - and of course for any pitfalls
or showstoppers.

Thanks

Paul
Tired old sys-admin