[Koha] Firefox 4

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun Apr 10 05:02:29 NZST 2011

At 09:40 AM 4/9/2011 -0400, Owen Leonard wrote:
> > Yes, there are problems. Found [so far] C4\biblio.pm breaks at line 1975:
> >
> > MARCFIELD: foreach my $field ( $record->fields() ) {
> >
> > when used by additem.pl with error:
> >
> > Software error: Can't call method "fields" on an undefined value at
> > /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 1975.
>
>If you file a bug report for it there's a much better chance of
>getting help with it.

Turns out that this particular error is very limited (probably not worth a
bug report, as it could be justified from a browser security pov and it is
not a Koha error.) It happens when you use the "remember and reload
multiple tags" functionality of Firefox on shutdown:

         - Firefox 3.6 remembers not only the GUI presentation, but also
the string values

         - Firefox 4.0 remembers the GUI, but discards string values

There is nothing that I can find that is "broken" in Koha. Testing continues...

Paul
Tired old sys-admin