[Koha] Firefox 4

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun Apr 10 01:29:14 NZST 2011

At 08:59 PM 4/8/2011 -0400, Owen Leonard wrote:
> > Has anyone had trouble running the new Firefox 4 with Koha 3.0?
>
>Specifically...?
>
>   -- Owen

Yes, there are problems. Found [so far] C4\biblio.pm breaks at line 1975:

MARCFIELD: foreach my $field ( $record->fields() ) {

when used by additem.pl with error:

Software error: Can't call method "fields" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 1975.

I'll have to work out which value firefox is apparently not sending - might
be some simple js glitch, might be a show stopper.

I had planned to roll-out Firefox4 this weekend across the win machines on
our LAN, but am now [at least temporarily] stymied. Plz note I have not yet
tested it on Linux, but have now moved that up my priority list.

Also note that we have [extensively] tested Koha 3.02.05.000 on Linux
server2 2.6.35-28-generic-pae with the latest stable versions of Chrome,
Opera, Safari and Firefox 3.6.16 without finding any problems. We have done
minimal testing with IE (OPAC only, for visiting laptop users of our WiFi.)

Best regards

Paul
Tired old sys-admin