[Koha] General #koha IRC meeting times

Fernando Canizo conan at lugmen.org.ar
Fri Apr 8 13:54:14 NZST 2011

On 07/04/11 21:27, Thomas Dukleth wrote:
> 8.  SUGGESTION. Alternating between UTC 5, 10, and 19 with occasional
> adjustment for seasonal changes in local time seems to me best for
> encouraging diverse participation based on my trivial analysis.
>
> However, UTC 5 maybe a sufficiently poor time for western Europe and
> Africa that there would be no additional participation from people
> in western Europe and Africa at UTC 5 relative to UTC 2.  If UTC 5 is
> a sufficiently poor choice, then perhaps the UTC 2 hour chosen for
> the next meeting may have no worse an effect on participation from
> western Europe and Africa than UTC 2 which is a better choice for the
> western hemisphere high population time zones.

Those choices might be good, but I think that instead of studying world
koha developers distribution, would be better to define the meeting
times based on participants convenience.

For example, suppose you got 20 developers in France and 4 in Japan, but
for the next meeting those 4 are sure to attend, while only 1 from
France will come. Then we should favor a time more convenient for
japaneses, without excluding french people, of course.

That's over simplified, but I believe I made my point.

We could ask attendees to fill a form stating a time range and also
preferred times, do some math and define better suited times for most
people.

What do you think about that method?

I believe I can make an online scheduler so people can insert their time
information and we can come up better suited times.

--
Fernando Canizo (a.k.a. conan) - http://conan.muriandre.com/
GCS d? s:+ a C++ P--- L++++ E--- W+++ w--- M-- PE-- !tv b+++ h---- y+++