[Koha] Problem With Sorting in Search Results

gsl gsl at rhcl.org
Thu Sep 30 05:18:53 NZDT 2010

Koha version: 3.01.00.145
Zebra version: Zebra 2.0.44
MySQL version: mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for debian-linux-gnu

One of our staff users reports that she types "johnston" into the patron
search field on the staff interface.  This produces 10 pages of results,
but not the desired patron named Jessica.  That name did not show up -
it jumped from Jesse to Joan.  However, if the user went in and typed
"johnston, jessica", it came up.

Also, later she had a different patron's record up and tried the search
again with "johnston". That brought up the 10 pages of Johnstons again,
but each page was alphabetical for the names displayed on that page - so
each page started over with an "A" name and so on, but the names on each
page were different and apparently non-repeating.

We have a cron job set to rebuild zebra every 2 minutes. This is
repeatable--she has demonstrated it to me a couple of times.

Ideas?

--
Greg Lawson
Rolling Hills Consolidated Library