[Koha] authority plugin & indicators

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Sep 29 13:24:25 NZDT 2010

Mason (et. al.),

This is definitely a bug. As Janusz said, indicators should be drawn from
authority records. I don't believe it's been reported yet.

Regards,
Jared Camins-Esakov

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Mason James <mason at kohaaloha.com> wrote:

> On 2010-09-29, at 9:09 AM, <januszop at gmail.com> <januszop at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > While adding/editing a bibliographic record, when I use the authority
> plugin
> > and insert the content of an authority record into a bibliographic record
> > (e.g. PERSO_NAME --> bibliographic 100 field), the indicators doesn't
> copy
> > (i.e. ind1=1 for surname in authority 100 field doesn't appear in
> > bibliographic).
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?  Or this is the way KOHA behaves?
>

> i'm pretty sure Koha doesn't currently sync indicators on linked authority
> records.
>
> i personally didn't know this was correct cataloging behaviour, is it?
>

> > If so, shouldn't this behavior be modified?
>
> yep, log a bug/feature here http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/
>

> cheers, Mason
> --
> KohaAloha, NZ

Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/