[Koha] Circulation Speed

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Sat Sep 25 03:11:20 NZST 2010

  Hi to all,

Il 24/09/2010 16:29, LAURENT Henri-Damien ha scritto:
> There another point of congestion that is the marcxml decoding/encoding
> for items information in biblioitems.marcxml
> I tried to remove synchronisation in biblioitems.marcxml in C4::Items.
> and speed really increased.
> These two functions : _add_item_field_to_biblio and
> _koha_modify_item are really slow, but allow ppl to get available items
> and all the uptodate item information  displayed when searching.

only my 2 centson the topic.
-- port item information only on SQL and so change deeply
_add_item_field_to_biblio and  _koha_modify_item

After:

-- delete item information on compact search result
-- insert a Ajax javascript link with text "Seek if is avaible". I f you
click it (only if you click) an Ajax search is done and the
compact result of the record is changed with:
a)item information
b-1)a link "ask for an hold" if the user is logged and can put an hold
on one of the item/s of this bib record
b-1)a sentence "non hold for you on this record" if if the user is
logged and can not put an hold anyon the item/s of this bib record
b-3)If not logged, only item information

The others records displayed are not changedù

Only a suggestion, we can discuss about it.

Bye

--
Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)