[Koha] Getting the shelf location to show in the OPAC

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Sat Sep 25 01:48:49 NZST 2010

I don't know if this happens in Darla's case, but something goes
seriously wrong with the 952 when I edit an item record.

The MARC records we imported don't display the call number in normal
view, even though it's in 952o.
The barcode number of an unedited item does display (952p)
However, the moment I touch an item record (entering the editing mode
for that item and then saving it, not actually clicking on any fields)
two things happen.

1) The barcode vanishes.  It is no longer in 952p (I tested this
several times, because I couldn't believe my eyes).  I typed the
barcode in again and saved the record, and we could see both barcode
and call number in the normal view.  But I went back to that same item
record, opened it in editing mode, and the barcode vanished again.

2) The call number appears. It was in the subfield all the time, but
now it displays in the normal view at the item level.

We're running 3.2, which is a slightly different version.  But I
wonder if our problems are related?

Any thoughts??  We really need both call number and barcode to
display, but certainly we can't afford to loose the barcodes we've
already got.
Elaine

2010/9/22 Darla Grediagin <dgrediagin at bssd.org>:
> Good morning,
>
> I think I am ready to launch Koha for all the library personnel and users in
> my system.  The newest problem that I found is that the shelf location
> doesn't show in the OPAC.  The shelf browser does, but without a Dewey
> number or cutter letters for fiction, it would difficult to find the item.
>
> I have the shelf location in three different areas of the item information.
> It is in 952c, 952j, and 952o.
>
> Is there something I need to set in system preference.
>
> Koha version: 3.00.06.010  is the version I am using.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Darla
>
> --
> Darla Grediagin