[Koha] LibLime responses to some of yesterdays postings

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Sep 17 07:36:17 NZST 2010

2010/9/17 vtl at scls.lib.wi.us <vtl at scls.lib.wi.us>:
> I'm wondering if it would be possible to work out a joint proposal via one
> or two IRC chats prior to Kohacon.  I don't quite understand why individual
> parties need to prepare proposals.  I would prefer to see a joint effort
> that satisfieds all parties involved.
>
> However, I'm admittedly very naive as to how a foundation should be set up.
> So, if protocol requires individual proposals, could a chat or two be held
> where people share their ideas of what should be included in the proposals?
>
> At the very least, I would like to know what will happen with these
> proposals.  Will we be "voting" on them as presented?  Will there be some
> type of integration done to get the best from all of them?
>
> Some of us may need a little more help than others to come up to speed on
> this process.  I have tried to do some self-education on open source
> foundations, but there is a lot of information out there and apparently
> different types of foundations.  I have participated in some IRC meetings,
> but apparently not the ones where foundations were discussed, or it went
> over my head.  Would someone be willing to compile the previous discussions
> into one document that is readily accessible?

Hi Vicki

They are not proposals in the sense of things to be voted on.
Propositions might be a better word. Brainstorming yet another. Like
you say, there are many different ways a foundation or association
could be set up. Another issue to think about, is what would the
purpose of it be.

The wiki is designed for collborative editing, it is does so in a much
better way than IRC can. Once we have a lot of ideas and indeed a
summary, like you talk about, is exactly what we are aiming for. Then
we could have a much more productive meeting on IRC.

Chris