[Koha] Importing multiple items into a record

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Tue Sep 14 05:43:01 NZST 2010

"multiple copies of a book appear as independent records"

This first thing I would do is use MARCedit to tear apart 2 of these independent records from your old system and examine them closely.
Find out where and how they are different.
Once you find the difference it my become apparent how to fix the problem.

Here are some rough notes I kept on migrating from Koha 2.29 to 3.xx
You may need to use much the same process to create the correct 952 field entries.
(in this case I create a temporary 998 field and use it to rebuild the 952 field.)

Koha 2.29 export

=952  \\$bPINE$d$kF HAR$p70268$r{dollar}12.89$t2$u269

=952  \\
$9          --- price
$bPINE      ---holding branch
$d          -- Date Acquired
$kF HAR     -- itemcallnumber
$p70267     --- barcode
$r          -- replacementprice
$t1         --- copy number
$u268       --- URI
$v          -- dateacces
$w          -– replacementpricedate

KOHA 3 EXPORT

=952  \\$70$kF HAN$p70262$r{dollar}13.99$40$00$911$bPINE$yBOOK$10$u263$dPINE$t2

KOHA3             KOHA3 CODE                                action on KOHA229
$7—- 0            Not for loan                        --
$c-- F HAN        Shelving location code              --$k  Copy to $o, rpl w/$c
$p—- 74255        barcode                             --$p  SAME
$r—- 2010-8-7     Date last seen                      --$v  COPY TO $s, rpl w/$r
$4—- 0            Damaged status                      --
$0—- 0            Withdrawn status                    --
$9—- 12           Koha itemnumber (autogenerated)     --
$b—- PINE         branchcode                          --$b  SAME
$y—- BOOK         Koha item type                      --BK (must match)
$1—- 0            Lost status                         --
$u—- 4264         Uniform Resource Identifier         --$u  SAME
$d—2007-8-17      Date acquired                       --$d  DELETE
$t—- 6            Copy number                         --$t  SAME
$o-- F HAN        Koha Full call number               --
$v–-              cost replacement price              --$r  REPLACE WITH A $v

COPY FIELD 952 to 998

SWAP FIELDS
998$k to 952$o
ADD TO EXISTING FIELD

SWAP FIELDS
998$v COPY TO 952$s
ADD TO EXISTING FIELD

Replace

=952(.*)\$k
=952$1$c

=952(.*)\$r
=952$1$v

=952(.*)\$s
=952$1$r

EDIT subfield:
Field 952
Subfield y
Field data BK
Replace with BK
Check—add subfield if not present

EDIT subfield:
Field 952
Subfield a
Field data PINE
Replace with PINE
Check—add subfield if not present

EDIT subfield:
Field 952
Subfield d
Field data
Remove text

EDIT subfield:
Field 952
Subfield v
Field data
Remove text

SWAP FIELDS
998$r to 952$v
ADD TO EXISTING FIELD

DELETE field 998

>>> Vikram Vincent<vincentvikram at gmail.com> 9/13/2010 12:03 PM >>>
Hello!
I am migrating data from a old library system to Koha.  Right now
multiple copies of a book appear as independent records.
How do I display them as multiple items in a single record.  Something
like {Check_out; item--;Check_in; item++}
I saw that the mrk file record needs to have data with multiple 952$p
values.  How do I automate the matching process?
Thanks.
Regards
--
Vikram Vincent