[Koha] Koha Barcode Problems & Library Permissions

Edson, Kevin kevin.edson at whitfieldschool.org
Wed Sep 8 04:21:28 NZST 2010

Hello, All --

I inherited a Koha system (Version 3.0005003), which I love, at a new school
where I just started working.  This is my first occasion to work with Koha.
 We recently migrated and the person who set it up is no longer with the
school.

We are experiencing two separate problems:

1) Koha returns the appropriate barcode along w/ other biblio data when a
user searches (author, title, keyword). However, Koha returns the following
error message: “the barcode was not found” when the barcode is entered
during checkout. As such, we are unable to check out materials to patrons.

2) As Head Librarian, I am able to log into the OPAC using my credentials,
but unable to log into the staff client. My level of privilege is set to
Super Librarian. Other users with the same level of privilege are able to
log in. What am I missing? Is there a step (or steps) required to obtain
full permissions (in addition to checking the box for Super Librarian)?

We have rebooted the Koha server and run updates (Ubuntu updates) on the
box. Does anyone have any insight into these problems? All help is greatly
appreciated.

--
Kevin Edson
Assistant Director of Technology & Library Services