[Koha] Error while Installing GD Perl Module in Koha

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Sep 3 23:40:10 NZST 2010

Op vrijdag 03 september 2010 21:21:09 schreef rohitsingh:
> I am facing problem in installing GD Perl Module in koha, the details are
> below

What distribution are you on? Have you checked to see if there is already a
packaged version in it? For example, on Debian Squeeze you need
libgd-gd2-perl. This may well exist in earlier versions of Debian and Ubuntu
too, I haven't looked recently (nor can I remember if the version in Debian is
current enough for Koha, although it quite possibly is.)

There's a big list of the Debian Squeeze dependencies here:
http://git.koha-
community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=a43d12811b9037136d1ae5eab2a286b2116068fa;hb=HEAD

Also, to help diagnose these kinds of things (again, on Debian or Ubuntu) you
need to work out what's missing. The first error says:
GD.xs:7:16: error: gd.h: No such file or directory

If you do:
sudo apt-file update
sudo apt-file find /gd.h
which gives you the most likely result:
libgd2-xpm-dev: /usr/include/gd.h

so installing that would probably help you compile the module. But go with the
distribution packaged version first.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.