[Koha] non-public note in 3.2

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Oct 27 10:02:21 NZDT 2010

Hi,

On Oct 26, 2010, at 4:13 PM, Linda Culberson wrote:
>  Does 3.2 not have a non-public note field in items any more?  The wiki
> has that field blank in
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_%289xx%29#MARC21_Holding_field.2C_3.2_default_-_field_952
> Please tell me it does or something else I can use, because we need it.
> Thanks!

The short answer is that yes, Koha 3.2 still has a non-public note field.  Assuming you're using the normal MARC frameworks, if you open up the item editor, you'll see the field for the 952$x (i.e., the non-public note).

The longer answer is that item fields in Koha can either be directly mapped to a column in the items table or not.  Any subfield that isn't directly mapped is still stored and available for indexing and searching, but is put in the more_subfields_xml column.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton