[Koha] Item information in 852 field

Ingrid Karklins ingridrk at stedwards.edu
Tue Oct 26 06:29:42 NZDT 2010

Hello.

I'm the librarian at the Griffin School in Austin, Texas (a small a college preparatory high school with a focus on the arts).  We recently successfully migrated our MARC21 records from Book Systems into Koha.

We did *not* succeed in bringing individual *items*.  Looking at the Book Systems MARC records, I see that the item barcode and call number are located in the 852 field.  Is there are way to bring these into the Koha default 952 fields?

Alternately, is there a way to batch create one item each for each of our bibliographic records?

Thanks much for your suggestions in advance.

Ingrid Karklins
Griffin School Librarian
ingrid at griffinschool.org