[Koha] barcode scanner

Marilen Corciovei marilen.corciovei at nemesisit.ro
Thu Oct 21 21:03:48 NZDT 2010

Hi,

Actually some scanners have a built-in function where you can "program"
them to apply a prefix. And the programming takes place by making them
read some special barcodes. I used some symbol scanners on which I did
this programming by reading the user manual. It was not very complicated
as the programming sequence is quite basic: read code for programming
mode, read code for preffix, read digits for prefix, read code for
apply. Then all codes read would be preffixed. And this was no
complicated scanner, just one plugged in usb with no memory or other
features.

Hope it gives and additional idea,
Len
www.len.ro