[Koha] barcode scanner

Jennifer Tobias jtobias at naropa.edu
Wed Oct 20 10:38:09 NZDT 2010

Hi all,
This isn't exactly a Koha question, but I'm hoping someone out there might be able to help!
I'm trying to configure a Metrologic Voyager barcode scanner so that it applies a prefix before the barcode that specifies how many digits are in the barcode. So, for example, barcode 123456789 would scan as 09123456789 (since it has nine digits), and barcode 123456 would scan as 06123456 (since it has six digits). I just can't seem to find a setting that does that, and tech support for Metrologic seems to be AWOL. Does anyone have any ideas?
It's driving me nuts- any help much appreciated!
Best,
-Jen

Jen Tobias
Technical Services and Special Collections Coordinator
Naropa University
Allen Ginsberg Library
(303) 546-3505
jtobias at naropa.edu