[Koha] Foundation conversation

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Oct 18 00:58:58 NZDT 2010

Chris Cormack wrote:
> In order to clarify then, since there seems to be a misunderstanding.
> Liblime have a TM in the US only.
> HLT have the european union mark.

In order to clarify then, since there seems to be a misunderstanding!

HLT hold the European CTM *registration* (still only an application
last I saw), which I believe is invalid because the Koha mark was
established in parts of Europe by others before BibLibre and neither
BL or HLT agreed terms with those others yet, despite repeated
invitations from some.

To summarise, I suspect the current registrations are fragmented,
tenuous and probably so impractical that their main function is to
waste money and distract.  We shouldn't make them a focus of this
discussion.  If we get the vendor-neutral organisation right, they'll
fall into place.

Hope that explains,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha