[Koha] Koha relevance ranking

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Thu Nov 18 05:06:20 NZDT 2010

Hello, to those of you now upgraded to 3.2,

I continue to have relevance ranking issues in Koha - have you noticed this too?  For instance, basic unfielded search for "models in ecosystem science" turns up multiple results for irrelevant items, with the correct item somewhere down the list.  In our old catalog system, which is for the most part a piece of junk, I conduct an unfielded search for "models in ecosystem science" and I get exactly one result, for the correct item.  There are many similar examples.  I am running Koha v. 3.02.00.004.

Do you notice relevance ranking problems?  I have been monitoring this list for similar complaints, but have not seen any.  Is this a problem with my installation or is it widespread?  If widespread, have you come up with any workarounds?

Thanks!

Amy Schuler
Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies