[Koha] koha bugs

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Nov 16 05:26:19 NZDT 2010

Hi Caitlin,

On Nov 15, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Nicole Engard wrote:

> Bugs are reported here: http://bugs.koha-community.org and are
> reported daily.  That doesn't mean they're all major bugs - or even
> really bugs you'd see.  You can browse through the open bugs to get an
> idea of what people are complaining about. I have found that most
> problems are found by people who are on a new install, but that
> doesn't mean you won't find something that you think should be fixed
> after you've been using it a few months.
>
> I don't know if that was really any help ...

I also want to point out that there are quite a few libraries who successfully run Koha without formal support from a vendor or much (or any) cooperation from the local IT department.  In other words, you won't be alone; once you get through the installation, it can be pretty smooth sailing.  It does help, of course, to have a bit of knowledge running a Linux server, but even that isn't absolutely necessary to start as long as you are patient and know how to ask questions well.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton