[Koha] Proposal to form Koha Technical Committee

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Nov 12 02:41:52 NZDT 2010

Lori Bowen Ayre wrote:
> Just an FYI, I just spent the last 45 minutes trying to understand how the
> various RFCs that exist on the wiki relate to the bugs in Bugzilla and could
> not figure it out.  Some are in one place but not the other.  I tried to
> find a hold-related RFC that seemed to match up with items in Bugzilla to no
> avail.

Which items in Bugzilla?

Seriously, it is very demotivating to get complaints that things
are broken, but not the information about what those things are,
so we can't even try to fix them.

Many people have been trying to improve linking between the different
resources (after years of being held back by previous hosting IMO) but
my priority has been on things which will free up developer time.  I've
started adding comments to bugs with links to patches emails where they
don't already exist, for example, to make it easier for people to see
what patch emails were sent about a bug.

Hope to hear more about which items in Bugzilla soon,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha