[Koha] Stage MARC Records For Import

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Fri Nov 12 01:38:22 NZDT 2010

Vitor,

The operation is very slow, and, in my experience, breaks when you try to
import more than about 20MB worth of records through the web interface. I
understand this has something to do with network conditions, so it's not a
hard limit. The best way to import large amounts of data is to use the misc/
stage_biblios_file.pl script. That can handle as much data as you can throw
at it.

Also, there is an important issue when importing large files: there are
certain circumstances when trying to stage a large file results in the
database growing to about six times the size it needs to be to store that
number of records. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what the conditions
are. The way I dealt with this ultimately was to clean all the failed
imports, do a mysqldump of the entire database, drop the database, and
recreate it.

Good luck.

Regards,
Jared Camins-Esakov

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Vitor Fernandes <vitorfernandes87 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> I've tried to import a file with 150mb and the the job progress don't
> leave 0%. There is an maximun file size to import or the operation is
> quite slow?
>
> Regards.
> Vitor Fernandes

Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/