[Koha] ByWater Solutions and Software.coop Collaborating on Koha EDI Support

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Nov 10 02:46:20 NZDT 2010

Paul Poulain wrote:
> Le 13/10/2010 18:42, Ian Walls a écrit :
> > It is our pleasure to announce that software.coop
> > <http://software.coop> of Somerset, England and ByWater
> > Solutions LLC of Santa Barbara CA, USA, are partnering to bring
> > Electronic Data
> > Exchange (EDI) to Koha.
> >
> Hi Ian,
>
> Could you give me (us) some technical details ?

Any reason to ask only Ian? ;-)

> We have a vendor in France wanting to add some EDI support to Koha too
> (yes, a bookseller). If you explain which standards you'll use, that
> could/may be helpfull.

We're using EDIFACT over FTP.  If the French vendor can give the co-op
and/or ByWater a test server account, that would be excellent and help
speed parameterisation and release of the code.  Finding good EDI test
accounts may be the biggest remaining challenge to making this feature
branch a general-purpose release.

Hope that helps,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha