[Koha] Deleting the installation sample library file

Paul A. paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Nov 3 01:40:38 NZDT 2010

Chris Cormack <chris at ...> writes:
> On 2 November 2010 06:11, Paul A <paul.a at ...> wrote:
> > Q: How do we completely delete all the "Centreville" library records, so
> > that we can set up our own library from scratch?
> >
> Hi Paul
>
> Easiest way to do it, is to drop and recreate the database, this will
> cause the web based installer to run again, and you can step through,
> without installing the sample data this time
>
> Chris

Chris - thanks for replying. I am pretty certain that koha-admin will allow me
to recreate, but how do I "drop" the existing database? Example: I have deleted
all "branches" but cannot delete the "Centreville"; I have renamed it, but
cannot modify the branch code. All our tests on Marc imports, users, staff, keep
showing up; etc, etc.

I realize that a "delete my whole structure" might be a dangerous "in
production" command for Koha - but that is what I need now - to start with a
clean slate. Do I have to do a complete re-install without the test/sample file?

Many thanks and regards
Paul
"Tired old sys-admin"