[Koha] Koha ScriptAlias Work around?

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu May 27 09:01:19 NZST 2010

On 27 May 2010 08:53, Dwayne Collins <dcollins at prcsa.ca> wrote:
> Hi Reed,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion; it was one of the options I was thinking
> about; although I'll be honest when I say my skills with htaccess leave
> a bit to be desired.
>
> The other option I was considering was changing the installation
> preferences so that the scripts were installed in the cgi-bin/koha
> directory rather than having to have any redirects at all, I'm weary to
> do this, though, without a clear idea of why the redirects used in the
> koha-httpd.conf file were put in place to begin with.

Ahh brief Koha history .. back in the day Koha was written to run on a
webserver along side a bunch of other things. So all the Koha cgi
scripts lived in /cgi-bin/koha ... other stuff could live in
cgi-bin/whatever
So the scripts did used to get installed in that location, and there
we a ton of links to those locations. Over time (i think around
2004/2005) the install location got moved and the scriptalias' added
so the links all still worked.

So no, there is no danger in putting the scripts in those places, or
using a symlink to do so, and taking the scriptalias lines out.

Chris