[Koha] koha bibs & authorities problem

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Tue May 25 08:52:59 NZST 2010

Hello,
A couple of weeks I reported to the list that I am having trouble linking my bibs and authority records in Koha v. 310001005.  I found mention in the listserv archive of the link_bibs_to_authorities.pl utility.  I tried running this and received an error, "Can't locate object method "new_from_bib_field" via package "C4::Heading" (perhaps you forgot to load "C4::Heading"?) at /etc/perl/C4/Biblio.pm line 443."   Someone on the listserv suggested that I need to export PERL5LIB, like this:

sudo KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib /path/to/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl<http://link_bibs_to_authorities.pl/>  (adjusting paths accordingly)

We exported thus, and still receive an error message:

koha at Koha3:/$ sudo KOHA_CONF=/home/koha/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml PERL5LIB=/home/koha/kohaclone /home/koha/kohaclone/misc/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl
Can't locate object method "new_from_bib_field" via package "C4::Heading" (perhaps you forgot to load "C4::Heading"?) at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Biblio.pm line 443.

So my questions remain: (1) can anyone tell me definitively if there is any way to connect the bibs to authorities? (and if not - why does the link_bibs utility exist??) (2) any tips on how to do it?

Thanks!
Amy Schuler

Amy C. Schuler
Manager of Information Services