[Koha] Question about GPLv3 and AGPLv3

Bob Ewart bob-ewart at att.net
Fri May 14 13:22:45 NZST 2010

Robin Sheat wrote:
> Op vrijdag 14-05-2010 om 10:30 uur [tijdzone +1200], schreef Lars
> Wirzenius:
>> Doing that can be made really easy. So easy that it does not differ
>> from
>> the current way of installing Koha at all.
>
> Additionally, if it's only available on the intranet, I would suspect
> (without having verified this) that you wouldn't have to make the
> changes available on the internet.

I looked at the AGPLv3 License http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl.html

What I think I read is that making the source available is necessary if
I "convey" the program to someone else.  Since my modifications are only
to print patron cards or spine labels in our local format, that doesn't
seem likely.

The question then becomes; if I wanted to show those changes as examples
of how to make patron cards with a logo, patron name, expiration date
etc., can I do that without having to make available the whole package?

--
Bob