[Koha] How to extract data from marcxml.biblioitmes ?

Vimal Kumar vimal0212 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 04:49:53 NZST 2010

Dear Friends,
I would like to prepare a report from "marcxml" field in "biblioitems"
table.
The report should include author, title, subject and abstract.
I got some hint from koha wiki page,
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Query_MARC

But I failed to  wrote an SQL query for the purpose.
I am not familiar with writing query to extract data from XML part in MySQL.
Can you help me to prepare a report from "marcxml" ?

If anybody from developers or users give guideline with examples, that will
be a good contribution to Koha community.

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Asst. Librarian

OK Society Volunteer. http://oksociety.in