[Koha] wiki.koha-community.org

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri May 7 02:46:43 NZST 2010

Hi,

On Apr 15, 2010, at 6:20 AM, MJ Ray wrote:
> Configuration problems: most MediaWiki sites have settings which are
> fine for wikipedia but are poor for small projects.  My obvious example
> is the copyright and terms pages.  Are you sure you can get them all?

Yes.  The GPL banner is in place and the on the editing form updated to specify that the default license for new content is GPL 2 or later.  The default MediaWiki installation does not otherwise pre-populate pages like the copyright and privacy policies; they can be readily edited.

> Accessibility problems: I often can't add links to wikipedia because
> it always wants me to pass an evil eyetest.  If that is switched off,
> does it have any proper spam defences?

I propose to use the ConfirmEdit extension and its SimpleCaptcha option [1], which presents a text-based addition or subtraction math problem, for new account registrations and edits that add external URLs.  If (well, when) spam presents itself as a problem, we'll deal with it as it occurs.

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmEdit

Regards,

Galen
--