[Koha] Subject indexing and searching/linking in 3.0.5.1

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Thu May 6 02:26:36 NZST 2010

Hello all,

We noticed that Koha 3.0 includes linked subject headings, but the links
execute a subject search for only subfield a.  XSLTResultsDisplay &
XSLTDetailsDisplay system preferences are turned ON.  I tried updating
the XSL to change the link to search for the whole subject string, but
these searches get no results.

Are subject qualifier subfields indexed (we use Zebra)?  If not, can
anyone explain (or direct me to documentation explaining) how indexing
can be turned on for these qualifiers?

I've looked at the zebra indexing docs in the 3.0 manual, and they are a
bit vague.
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/searching/guide-to-searching/indexing-configuration
mentions configuration files, but does not inform me what the names of
the files are (or a clue to where they are located).

Running on Debian Lenny.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299