[Koha] z395_search.pl takes 20 seconds to retrieve data based on an ISBN

Susan Mustafa susan.mustafa at gmail.com
Wed May 5 16:52:32 NZST 2010

Good day all,

First thank you Ted for explaining about the Yaz Client.

I tested on my windows machine, which has no Koha installed but on the same
network as the Koha server, and the records were found and retrieved very
quickly.

Now this makes me think that perhaps it is a proxy issue on ubuntu or not.
I remember I had to add a proxy on some other ubuntu servers.  I will give
it a try.

For those who may experience such problem, kindly follow the code below to
see if it is fast to retrieve.

Z> authentication username/password
Authentication set to Open (username/password)

Z> open zcat.oclc.org:210/OLUCWorldCat

Connecting..OK.
Sent initrequest.
Connection acccepted by V3 Target.
..
..
..
..
..

Z>f @attr 1=7 isbnnumberhere
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a success.

Number of hits: xx

Z> show 1 <--To show the first resultset.

I will now go and see why my ubuntu is slow.

Thank you all,

Regards,