[Koha] Jumpng checkbox selections in Advanced Search

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue May 4 01:29:24 NZST 2010

> This may have something to do with the way our user interface is
> configured.  I don't think it is happening in other LLEK catalogs.
>
> The checkboxes always jump 6 spaces.  Since we have the last five
> codes set to be invisible to users, the "jumping" only occurs with the
> first 11 choices.

You're right that it's your OPAC customization is to blame here, but I
think the behavior you're observing is actually a bug in Firefox. In
order to hide those ccode limiters this was added to your opacuserjs:

		$("#ccode-17").parent().html(" ");
		$("#ccode-18").parent().html(" ");
		$("#ccode-19").parent().html(" ");
		$("#ccode-20").parent().html(" ");
		$("#ccode-21").parent().html(" ");

...which removes the contents of those last 5 table cells. Since
Chrome doesn't seem to have a problem with this, I'm guessing Firefox
is losing track of which checkbox is which when determining where to
place the check mark on a page loaded from the cache.

Perhaps a workaround would be to hide those elements rather than
remove them. Remove those lines from opacuserjs and replace them with
this:

		$("#ccode-17").parent().hide();
		$("#ccode-18").parent().hide();
		$("#ccode-19").parent().hide();