[Koha] Jumpng checkbox selections in Advanced Search

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Mon May 3 06:09:49 NZST 2010

The selected checkbox for "Limit to any of the following" in Advanced
mode jump around when users navigate to the page by using the "back
button".  Their initial checkbox selections always jump six boxes down
in our catalog.

Example:
<http://man.waldo.kohalibrary.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?expanded_options=1>

In Advanced check the limit box for Curriculum Collection
Type in a keyword.
Hit Search.

After viewing result page, hit back button or backspace.

Now, the checkbox for Curriculum Collection is blank, but the one for
Floor 4 is checked.

It seems that if you search the public catalog  in Advanced Search
mode and choose any one  of the first 11 Collection Codes listed under
"Limit to any of the following", do a search and return to this

This may have something to do with the way our user interface is
configured.  I don't think it is happening in other LLEK catalogs.

The checkboxes always jump 6 spaces.  Since we have the last five
codes set to be invisible to users, the "jumping" only occurs with the
first 11 choices.

This is a little confusing.  Users who do not re-examine the
checkboxes carefully not realize that they are now doing a search with
a different limit.

I would prefer that users who return to the Advanced Search screen
using "back" to either find no checkbox limit selected or else find
the same checkbox selected that they used for their search.  Either of
those behaviors would make sense, but the one where there is a new
limit that seems to be selected by the system itself is confusing.

When we first got set up with Koha, somone with Liblime helped us set
up some javascript in Advanced Search that hides some of our CCODES
from patrons.  So I strongly suspect this his may be something we can
change ourselves in the Admin settings, but I do not know how to do
it.  Can someone help me with this?

We're using LLEK, but I suspect that this particular problem has to do
with the  customization that was done with our user interface for the

Advance thanks.

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist