[Koha] KohaCon : Auckland to Wellington by road.

hfields19 at gmail.com hfields19 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 22:28:27 NZDT 2010

Hi all,

I have been putting together a bit of a plan for escorting KohaCon
attendees down to Wellington from Auckland via Rotorua.

My thinking so far:

Friday 22nd October: arrive in Auckland, dinner at Viaduct somewhere.
Stay night in Auckland.

Saturday 23rd October: Leisurely drive down to Rotorua (about 3 hours
drive).
Thermal pools etc.
Evening event at Te Puia:
http://www.tepuia.com/things-to-see-and-do/te-po.html

Sunday drive down to Wellington via Huka Falls, Taupo, Gravity Canyon for
the idiots who want to bungy or do something else insane involving great
heights and high speeds: http://www.gravitycanyon.co.nz/ (about 5 hours
driving in total)

Evening in Wellington ready for KohaCon next day.

Vans are proving problematic but big cars are about $150 - 200 a day (seat
4) .
Accommodation say $150-$200 a night
Te Po $99 (night only) or $130 (day as well)
Petrol say $120 a car

So how does this sound? I am happy to fly up and escort people down. The
driving will be easy for people happy too drive.

Cheers Jo.