[Koha] redundant records and Error 404s

Otis, Perry W Civ USAF AETC AUL/LTIA perry.otis at MAXWELL.AF.MIL
Sat Mar 20 10:01:12 NZDT 2010

I experienced this same problem.  The problem is that Zebra still has
those records indexed, even though they no longer exist.  Running
rebuild_zebra.pl will not help.  I tried dropping the database.  I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling Zebra.  I even tried uninstalling and
reinstalling Koha.  Didn't work.  I looked around some more and finally
found some files in /var/lib/koha/zebradb/, which is where I now suspect
that Zebra stores its indexes.  I deleted the /var/lib/koha/ directory
and reinstalled Koha again and the problem was solved.  There may be a
better way to do it, but that is what worked for me.

//SIGNED//
PERRY OTIS
Systems Librarian
Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center
DSN 493-6498  Comm 334-953-8081

-----Original Message-----
From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz
[mailto:koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of Amy Schuler
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 1:44 PM
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: [Koha] redundant records and Error 404s

Hello,

Recently I dropped my Koha database and then recreated it, in order to
clear up the trouble caused by the sample data that I imported during
the original installation.  We reimported my bib records as well as the
authorities, and this time I am happy to say that the migration bulkmarc
& bulkauthority utilities seemed to work without any trouble!  So I had
thought that all of the little nagging problems that plagued us after
the first installation were cleared up.  However... now, when I search
my OPAC, I see redundant records (2 or 3 identical records), and also
when I click on some search results I get an Error 404/not found
message.  We already tried dropping the database a second time (so I
have run the web installer, reset all of the preferences, and imported
the MARC and authorities twice in the past 3 days) and still I have this
redundancy and error 404 problem.  I also just tried running
rebuild_zebra, and received this error:  DBD:mysql:st execute failed:
deadlock found when trying to get lock: trying restarting transaction...
at line 240".  I don't know whether this rebuild error is related.

Any ideas you can offer would be appreciated!

Thanks

Amy C. Schuler

Manager of Information Services

Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies