[Koha] [Koha-devel] Question About MARC21 in koha

Bob Birchall @ Calyx bob at calyx.net.au
Thu Mar 18 22:59:19 NZDT 2010

I think you mean 'how'?  Koha uses MARC for the description of bibliographic
records.  Whether it is MARC21 or Unimarc is determined by the user during
the Web install, and the choice is recorded in the system preference
Cataloging/marcflavour .  This then determines the field definitions in the
Default framework of the Cataloguing module.  The translation between the
marc fields and the attributes of the MySQL tables is controlled by the
'koha to marc mapping' tables accessed on the Administration menu.  The full
marc definition of each bibliographic record is stored in MySQL in the
biblioitems table, at biblioitems.marcxml.

Hope that gets you started.

Bob Birchall

CALYX